We want to keep the Anahitapolis Community a great place to participate, but we need your help to keep it that way. Failure to abide by some of these guidelines may even result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your posts. To better accommodate our wonderful members we also reserve the right to expel abusers from the Dark Asylum. We reserve the right to change these guidelines from time to time.
Your Personal Profile
Only one account per person and one person per account is permitted. Do not pretend to be or represent somebody else or your account will be terminated.
It is common courtesy that you use a real name, upload a valid avatar of yourself, and fill out at least the bio field on your profile. Profiles with obscure names, no avatar or an obscure avatar, and no personal description could be subject to deletion.
Do not post anything that isn't yours. Make sure that you have the legal right to post your content and are not violating copyright or other laws.
We welcome people of all race, gender, sexual orientation, regions, religions, and those of us with no religion. No messages of hate or abuse will be tolerated.
Do not post or link to any sites that contains distasteful sexual material, hateful, or violent content. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning publicly posted on their profile.
If you do not like a person's story updates you can always unfollow them.
If you do not like to be followed by a person you can always block them.
Participating in the Groups and Projects
- Be courteous and polite to Anahitapolis members.
Keep it clean
- Keep the language clean (no swearing)
- Be patient with new people and be willing to jump in to answer questions.
- The written word is always subject to interpretation, so give people the benefit of the doubt and try not to let emotions get out of control.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- post your content in the relevant group or project.
Write in English
- All posts on the groups and projects must be in English.
Start your own topic
- Do not hijack other people's topics.
No useless posts
- This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming.
Use your own words
- If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
Do not shame anybody
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom development or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
- If we see your promotional material on many locations that is considered spamming. Do it on your own profile. If people like it they'll follow you by choice.
Asking For Help
Post your programming related questions on the project groups only.
Post support related question on the groups and projects other than the Anahitapolis Atrium. If you cannot follow the other groups and projects, consider signing up as a paid member.
Use a descriptive and unique subject line rather than "HELP ME" or "How do I do this?"
Include as much information as you can. Nobody can help you without sufficient information.
Acknowledge and thank those who help you.
Share the fruit of knowledge by helping others whenever you can.
Interaction with the Dark Asylum™ Core Team
No questions or bug reports on their profiles
- Do not post support questions and bug reports on the core team's profiles. Use the groups and projects for that purpose instead.
They have the right to privacy
- The core team can choose not to answer a question.
- help over skype is only available if a Core Team member explicitly invites you and expresses availability to help you out. Otherwise all questions must be posted on the support groups and project management groups.
Private Consulting is Available
- If you think you need private consulting about using an Dark Asylum™ technology, please send your inquiry to http://darkasylum.co.uk/contact.html make an appointment. Hourly consulting fees apply!
Do Not Manipulate
- Feel free to make constructive suggestions and recommendations, but do not try to manipulate the core team into developing your favorite features into any of the Dark Asylum™ products.
You are responsible for your own deadlines
- The core team is not responsible for your project deadlines. Plan your projects based on the existing features provided in the Dark Asylum™ software or be reasonable if you are planning to use some of the features in the upcoming releases of Dark Asylum™ software.
The Core Team is probably more experienced than you
- Please be respectful and none-judgmental when you discuss a subject with the core team. They may not be right all the time, but please understand that they have thousands of hours more experience than you about the social networking technologies. The fact that you have been or seen many social networks does not make you an expert. It is quite possible that your suggestion or criticism has already been studied extensively by the core team in the past or what you are about to suggest is already part of their vision. In the mean time, they are more than happy to read your questions, comments, and concerns and participate in the discussions.
Report bugs in the most relevant project or group.
Do provide step by step instructions so the core team can reproduce the bug.
Be very descriptive. Let us know what browser type, browser version, server configuration, php version, etc. you are using. Provide any information that you think might be useful.
Please do not express frustration, anger, or sarcasm in your bug reports. They provide very little help to resolve the issue.